January 10, 2022

NHL Double Series - Final Updates

Welcome back!  Today's post is the finale of my NHL Double Series, and it features updated designs for five concepts (mostly minor updates).  Let's get started...

My Ideal Buffalo Sabres
I originally had the hem stripes on the road jersey matching the sleeve stripes, but I decided to switch to mis-matched stripes (like the Sabres current jerseys).  I also used the updated version of their logo.


My Ideal Carolina Hurricanes
Updates here include; removing the pant stripe, ditching the red yoke on the road jersey, and switching to red numbers on that jersey as well.


New Look Colorado Avalanche
I was never entirely happy with my New Look Avalanche concept, especially the way it used black throughout the design.  So like the Avalanche did in real life, I ditched black all-together (besides the puck in the logo).  I also thickened the trim along the hem and cuffs, and added a pant stripe.


My Ideal Los Angeles Kings
It's a pretty minor change, but the piping no longer has a tapered end (it originally tapered away before the collars).


My Ideal Vancouver Canucks
Now that the Abbotsford Canucks have adopted Johnny Canuck as their logo, I've updated this concept to use the Canucks modern stick-in-the-rink logo (I recoloured it on the road jersey).


Here's a look at all 64 concepts from this series, one division at a time...

Pacific Division

Central Division

Atlantic Division

Metropolitan Division

You may or may not have noticed, but all 10 teams that were originally on the Reebok Edge template have been updated to the Adidas Adizero template (including four of the concepts featured above).

All of these concepts can also be found in full-size on the NHL Double Series page.

That's a wrap for this series, thanks for following along!

No comments:

Post a Comment