October 14, 2023

I've Been Using the Bruins "Centennial" Logo for the Last 12 Years

As you all know, the Boston Bruins introduced a new primary logo for their centennial season. It's a combination of their modern (2007-23) and traditional (1949-95) spoked-B logos. I think the new logo is great, in fact I have thought it would make a great logo for a long time, as I've already been using it on my concepts for the last 12 years.  Here's proof...

Boston Bruins (from October 19th, 2011)
I first used the logo on the above concept from October 2011.  I also made concepts using this logo in June of 2012June of 2013January of 2014, and November of 2017.

As for the Bruins new jerseys, I love the third jersey but I'm not a fan of the home and road set. The metallic gold doesn't look good from a distance, and there needs to be more yellow/gold anyways (yoke, numbers, and/or socks). However, the jerseys are only around for a year so I can tolerate them for now.

But what should the Bruins do next year? I hope they keep their new logo, I think it's vastly superior to its predecessor. They could just put the new logo on their previous template, but I actually think the template of their new third jersey provides an even better opportunity.

Boston Bruins (2024-25?)
As I mentioned, I love the Bruins new third jersey. I think they should use its design as the basis of their next primary jerseys. All they have to do is ditch the vintage colours (off-white and brown), and use the standard versions of their new logo.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment