July 16, 2021

Double Islanders

 Welcome back!  It's been a while since my last post, and a long time (more than a year) since I created any concepts for my NHL Double Series (which I started more than five years ago now)!

My Ideal New York Islanders
These jerseys are a return to the Islanders set they wore while winning four Stanley Cups.  The road jersey is identical to their current design except for the collar, but the home jersey uses a different striping pattern that I've always preferred.

New Look New York Islanders
The four stripe motif is overused when making Islanders concepts, but I decided to embrace it anyway.  I placed the four stripes front and center on a chest-stripe, while the actual logo is relegated to the shoulders (similar in concept to the Canucks' flying-V jerseys).  I also added four stripes to each of the numbers on the back.

Sorry again for the long gap between posts.  It's mostly due to a lack of ideas, but I also got a new puppy in early May so I've been spending lots of my free time with her.

She's a four month old yellow lab named Juno, she's really smart (she'll do anything for a treat) and also very energetic (I had forgotten how much work puppies are).

Lastly, I received my second Covid-19 Vaccination yesterday, and I just want to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to all the scientists, health care workers, and everyone else involved in this vaccination process.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment