January 01, 2021

Cowboys inspired Flames Reverse Retro

Happy New Years everybody!  I'm excited for this year for two reasons, first of all it's not 2020 anymore (finally), and also because I have some new concepts on the way!  More on that below...

Calgary Flames
Here we have a reverse retro style Flames concept based off of the Calgary Cowboys of the WHA.  The only changes are yellow replacing white, and the Flames logo replacing the Cowboys' old cowboy-hat.

In the coming weeks you'll see more reverse retro concepts like this inspired by past franchises.  I really like what the NHL did with the Reverse Retro program, and I wanted to make my own concepts but the inspiration wasn't coming.  So I added a twist that the concepts had to be inspired by past franchises, and the result is this series.  I don't know yet if I'll make a concept for every team, but it will be more than half for sure.

Also, you may have noticed that I slightly tweaked the look of the blog with a new wordmark logo up top!  I figured now was a good time for a refresh.

Thanks for visiting, and I hope you all have a happy and healthy 2021!

No comments:

Post a Comment